In today’s business environment, innovation and knowledge are key to providing competitive advantage.
Queen's University Belfast is one of the leading research-intensive universities within the UK and has a long-standing international reputation for successful dissemination and application of cutting-edge research, knowledge transfer and the commercialisation of research ideas and innovations
The Queen’s University industrial centres provide specialized support to businesses. The Northern Ireland Technology Centre (NITC) works with companies to improve their competitiveness through better design, engineering and manufacturing. The Polymer Processing Research Centre (PPRC) assists plastics companies to develop new products and processes. QUESTOR helps companies to address environmental issues that may adversely impact costs, performance and overall competitiveness.
The Research & Enterprise Directorate is the first point of contact for industry and the wider community wishing the engage with the University. Directorate personnel will put you in contact with the relevant member of staff from any of the industrial centres or from the wider academic community. To deliver the project the University can work with businesses in a number of ways including:-
• Innovation Vouchers
• Training and development
• Testing and technical services
• Contract or Collaborative Research
• Knowledge Transfer Partnership
• EU supported projects
The Research and Enterprise Directorate will assist you to identify the engagement process which is the most suitable for your business and project to ensure a successful outcome.
Key areas of expertise:
• Product design and design for manufacturing
• Digital manufacturing and efficiency improvement
• Plastics/polymer analysis and testing
• Polymer extrusion /rotational moulding/injection moulding and thermoforming
• Waste reduction and resource efficiency
• Water and wastewater treatment
• Food nutrition, traceability and rapid testing
• Executive development
• Mechanical and aerospace engineering
• Architecture and Civil engineering